Bowmont House is an Extra Care Scheme located at Newcastle Great Park, just a few minutes from Gosforth and Kingston Park. For further information on the properties available and how to apply please click here.
Are you looking for a new home but worried about how having a spare room could affect your benefits?
If you’re interested in one of Your Homes Newcastle’s available properties but put off by the under-occupation charge, YHN might be able to help you access rent top-ups that will cover the cost of the extra bedroom.
To be eligible for these rent top-ups, you must sign up for a property that has one bedroom more than you need and be actively looking for work.
If approved, you will receive the top-ups until you find a job up to a maximum of twelve months. When your top-up ends, you will have to pay the extra rent yourself but you will be referred to Your Homes Newcastle’s advice and support service to help you prepare for this.
Contact Your Homes Newcastle’s Housing Options team on 0191 277 2020 to find out more.
Your Homes Newcastle
Applying for a home through Tyne and Wear Homes? Is it working for you?
Your Homes Newcastle and Newcastle City Council are currently helping Tyne and Wear Homes to look at how things work.
Whether you're a Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside or South Tyneside applicant we want to know what will improve the application process and make it transparent, fair, easy to understand and user friendly.
That's not the end of it though...Complete the survey above by 15 January 2019 and you'll be entered into a prize draw where 3 lucky winners will win either a £50 or £25 high street shopping voucher.
Make sure to enter your current Tyne and Wear Homes reference number at the end of the survey before you press submit to enter the draw. Good luck!
Please do not respond to this email. If you need help with your housing application, please contact your local Housing Services team.
North Tyneside Council currently have retirement apartments available for single people or couples over the age of 60.
Applicants must have been assessed under North Tyneside’s Lettings Policy.
The apartments range from refurbished apartments to new build properties
The rent for these apartments will be confirmed at viewing. All service charges are included. Schemes are traditionally 2 or 3 storey buildings all are lift served.
The schemes offer:
• Double glazed windows
• Heating and hot water included in your rent
• Modern fitted kitchen
• Tiled walk-in shower room
• Non-slip vinyl flooring to kitchen and bathroom
• Door entry system
• A large communal lounge suitable for a variety of activities from coffee mornings, bingo and bowls to parties and evening entertainment
• A smaller, 'quiet' communal lounge
• A therapy room for use by health and personal care professionals, such as hair dressers
• Communal laundry room with washers, driers and outdoor drying area – Potential option to install own washing machine in some schemes
• Internal parking space for tenants' mobility scooters with charging points (charging cards available to purchase)
• Landscaped and maintained communal gardens, with seating
Raised beds and green houses for tenants who enjoy gardening
An attractive guest apartment where family and friends are welcome to stay for a nominal fee
Improved security with tenants controlling visitor access from their apartments
Perimeter CCTV surveillance
• A North Tyneside Living Officer on site 8.00am - 4.00pm, Monday to Friday, who can support you in your tenancy and direct you to a range of other services, activities and facilities in your area
• The option to pay into the Council's Care Call service that offers a round the clock emergency response for illness or accident
Please note that no pets are allowed in this type of property (with the exception of guide dogs)
For further information please check the website or contact the Homefinder Team on 0345 2000 102 for further information
River Drive South Shields - Advertising on Thursday 27th July
South Tyneside Housing Ventures are offering 2 Bedroom apartments for those aged 55+ with modern fitted kitchens and over-bath or walk-in showers.
Please note - you must have an active Housing Application on Tyne and Wear Homes in order to bid for these properties.