North Tyneside Council currently have retirement apartments available for single people or couples over the age of 60.
Applicants must have been assessed under North Tyneside’s Lettings Policy.
The apartments range from refurbished apartments to new build properties
The rent for these apartments will be confirmed at viewing. All service charges are included. Schemes are traditionally 2 or 3 storey buildings all are lift served.
The schemes offer:
• Double glazed windows
• Heating and hot water included in your rent
• Modern fitted kitchen
• Tiled walk-in shower room
• Non-slip vinyl flooring to kitchen and bathroom
• Door entry system
• A large communal lounge suitable for a variety of activities from coffee mornings, bingo and bowls to parties and evening entertainment
• A smaller, 'quiet' communal lounge
• A therapy room for use by health and personal care professionals, such as hair dressers
• Communal laundry room with washers, driers and outdoor drying area – Potential option to install own washing machine in some schemes
• Internal parking space for tenants' mobility scooters with charging points (charging cards available to purchase)
• Landscaped and maintained communal gardens, with seating
Raised beds and green houses for tenants who enjoy gardening
An attractive guest apartment where family and friends are welcome to stay for a nominal fee
Improved security with tenants controlling visitor access from their apartments
Perimeter CCTV surveillance
• A North Tyneside Living Officer on site 8.00am - 4.00pm, Monday to Friday, who can support you in your tenancy and direct you to a range of other services, activities and facilities in your area
• The option to pay into the Council's Care Call service that offers a round the clock emergency response for illness or accident
Please note that no pets are allowed in this type of property (with the exception of guide dogs)
For further information please check the website or contact the Homefinder Team on 0345 2000 102 for further information
River Drive South Shields - Advertising on Thursday 27th July
South Tyneside Housing Ventures are offering 2 Bedroom apartments for those aged 55+ with modern fitted kitchens and over-bath or walk-in showers.
Please note - you must have an active Housing Application on Tyne and Wear Homes in order to bid for these properties.
Marley Court, Kenton
We have spacious one and two bedroom flats to rent in a brand new residential development close to Belvedere Retail Park in Kenton.
Private and secure, these apartments are finished to a high specification and offer an exceptional standard of living in an affordable area of Newcastle.
Due for completion in September 2017, we are accepting expressions of interest now. Contact us now to find out more.
0191 277 4306 (option 3) firstname.lastname@example.org
Tree Top Village, Walker – last remaining properties for people over 55
Located on Walker Road, Tree Top Village is Your Homes Newcastle’s brand new development exclusively for people over 55. All homes are light and airy with excellent space standards, modern fixtures and fittings and private outdoor space.
The last remaining one and two bedroom apartments are available to rent now from £145 per week with:
No fees or deposit to pay
Secure door entry system as standard
Furnished option available on request
All repair and maintenance costs covered
Car parking available
Sheltered housing service
Call 0191 278 8585 or email email@example.com for information or to arrange a viewing before it’s too late.
Margaret Collins House, Walker
Exclusively for people over 60, Your Homes Newcastle are pleased to offer studio apartments to rent in Margaret Collins House in the Walker area of the city.
Apartments in Margaret Collins House are available to rent now for £101.44 per week, for more information click here.