Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside and South Tyneside Councils, and their respective housing organisations, have joined together to bring you an easier way to access the options available to you.
How is Tyne and Wear Homes different?
Once registered, you can:
- Apply for social housing across the region from this central source, rather than filling in separate application forms for each local authority
- Search for available homes
- Bid for properties, not with money, but with the time you have built on the housing register (Your queue position is not calculated by the time your bid is placed, It is not a first come first served basis)
- See the results of homes that have recently been let
- Find out about alternative housing options.
You DO NOT have to bid on 3 properties each week in order to remain on the Housing Register (Unless you have been advised at point of registration to do this). We recommend you only bid on properties you wish to be considered for.
Coming soon....New homes for affordable rent in Camperdown, from North Tyneside Development Company. Priority will be given to applicants with a local connection to Burradon and Camperdown (subject to eligibility criteria). To find out more and to apply go to the housing section of www.northtyneside.gov.uk
Some information on this site is in PDF format (Portable Document Format). To view these documents you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
(This link will open in a new window)
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader (This link will open in a new window)